Texas Personal Injury Lawyers Representing People Injured in Slip and Falls and Car Crashes
Have you or a family member suffered a serious injury in a Texas auto accident or slip and fall? The personal injury lawyers at Kanner & Pintaluga have decades of combined experience representing people who have been injured due to someone else’s negligence. Our Texas attorneys are ready to assist in any way we can.
Get Help With Your Texas Injury Case
The Texas personal injury lawyers at Kanner & Pintaluga have been in the personal injury business for many years. They’ve seen all types of personal injury cases and are highly familiar with the negotiating and legal strategies employed by insurance companies.
Our lawyers know how to counter these tactics, develop thoroughly detailed cases and make compelling arguments on behalf of our clients. If you were not at fault for your injuries and the insurance company refuses to settle for a fair amount, we will do everything within our legal power to prove your case to a judge and jury.
Personal Injury Lawyers Dedicated to Helping People in Texas
Nothing can throw you and your family’s life into disarray quite like an unexpected medical emergency. Injuries often leave people feeling vulnerable and overwhelmed. Life is busy and difficult enough as it is – being forced to cope with serious health issues adds an always unwelcome burden.
The sheer inconvenience of injuries isn’t the only problem facing people injured in slip and falls, car crashes or other types of premises liability accidents. There’s also the matter of money.
Many people in Texas have high deductibles or simply lack the necessary health care coverage to adequately pay for all the medical treatments and rehabilitation they may require after an accident.
And why should you be forced to pay for injuries you sustained because of someone else’s carelessness?
The fundamental truth is you shouldn’t be paying for those injuries. The responsible person and their insurance company should be footing the bill for all the medical treatments, lost wages and pain and suffering you incurred due to the accident they caused.
Unfortunately, insurance companies aren’t always altruistic in their approach to injury victims. Their fundamental goal, as businesses, is to make money. Every claim they pay out is a loss to them.
That’s why insurers often try to find some contract loophole, threaten to take the injured person to court or use their army of claims adjusters and lawyers to intimidate injured people during negotiations. Their aim is to convince injured people to settle for less than they deserve.
They know you:
- Are likely out of work due to your injury
- Need money to cover your deductible plus all of your normal living expenses
- May need money to replace or repair your vehicle if it was damaged in a crash
Your supposed “desperation” is an asset to the insurance company during negotiations. They assume that you need money as soon as possible and likely don’t have the wherewithal to effectively fight them in the legal arena.
That’s where Kanner & Pintaluga’s Texas personal injury lawyers come into play. Our attorneys have dedicated their careers to winning injured people the compensation they deserve after injuries.
Taking on the insurance companies isn’t always easy. These companies are justifiably intimidating – they have deep pockets and an army of claims adjusters, professional negotiators and lawyers.
Our lawyers have something just as valuable – a righteous cause – plus medical experts, crash recreation professionals and decades of experience.
Texas Personal Injury Laws
- Texas has a two-year statute of limitations for personal injury cases, meaning you have two years after your injury to file a lawsuit against the negligent party that injured you and their insurance company.
- Texas uses a 50-percent modified comparative negligence standard in personal injury cases. If you are partially at fault for the car crash, slip and fall or premises liability accident that caused your injuries, you can still seek compensation. As long as you’re not mostly at fault, you might have a case.
- The only types of Texas personal injury cases with damage caps are usually medical malpractice cases, which have a $250,000 cap on non-economic damages and a $500,000 total damage cap for a combined $750,000. The medical malpractice wrongful death cap is actually indexed for inflation. Although it was set in 1977 at $500,000 it has since grown closer to $2,000,000.
- Types of compensation available to people in Texas who have been injured in a car crash or slip and fall include not only immediate medical bills but also future damages, such as the cost of having a home modified to accommodate someone who was disabled by an accident. Some of these other damages can include lost earning potential, future medical expenses, career retraining and more.